Hit the road in Iceland
A natural wonder on earth – off the beaten path
The travel adventure in a nutshell!
A self – drive tour in the Northwest part of Iceland and most particularly in the West fjords. The world’s most remote and beautiful landscape!
This is our favorite choice but you can choose to travel to any place or region in Iceland and we will organize it for you!! You can also inquire to part take in a group.
Below you can read the itinerary we put together for you in northwest Iceland. Feel free to contact us and customize it according to your dreams or even change it completely!
Pick you own dates (our proposal is for 6 nights)
Activities we peopose?
- Blue lagoon visit
- Hiking (according to your level of fitness) in beautiful natural surroundings
- Whale watching
- Horseback riding
- Into the Glacier guided activity
Air-flight to Reykjavik, Iceland
Please scroll down
Iceland – A natural wonder
Iceland is a country of sharp contrasts. A place where fire and ice co-exist. Where dark winters are offset by the summer’s midnight sun. A country where insular existence has spurred a rich and vibrant culture.
From a geological standpoint, Iceland is a very young country, still in the midst of its own creation. Shaped by the forces of nature, the barren landscapes demonstrate the creativity powers of the four basic elements. Active volcanoes, bright green valleys, glacier-cut fjords, black sand beaches, and roaring rivers are the most distinctive features of the Icelandic landscape. Although they are very accessible, they still remain virtually untouched by human civilization. In a fast-paced world of sprawling development, Iceland’s pure nature and empty expanses stand out as a luxury.
Despite the name, “ice” only covers about 10% of the land. But still represents the largest glaciers left in Europe. It represents a source of pure water and symbolizes the purity of Icelandic products. Icelanders are proud of their close ties to nature, and dedicated to preserving this natural wealth through responsible conservation. According to the Environmental Performance Index, created by the World Economic Forum in 2012, Iceland is the world’s greenest country.
1st Day: ARRIVAL
- Arrive in KEF Keflavik airport; collect rental car(s) and drive to Reykjavik. You have the option of going directly to the hotel or stopping at the Blue Lagoon on the way to Reykjavik. If you have time you can explore the city of Reykjavik.
- Accommodation at a guesthouse close to the city center
2nd day: VOLCANO WALKS AND INTO THE GLACIER
- Drive to Hengill Volcano
- Light hiking (1-2 hours)
- Glacier, Cave and Steam Adventure
- Kaldidalur and Langjökull Glacier
- Activity: Into the Glacier (optional)
- Farmhouse accommodation
3rd day: HVΝTSERKUR CLIFF AND ON TO THE WEST FJORDS
- Drive towards the north to see Hvitserkur Cliff
- Visit Holmavik and perhaps Drangsnes (thermal pools by the ocean)
- Activity: Horseback riding
- Farmhouse accommodation
4th day: WESTFJORDS – THE WESTERNMOST TIP OF EUROPE
- Drive to the West Fjords
- Visit Raudasandur, Latrabjarg Cliffs
- Hotel at a local town
5th day: WATERFALLS AND FERRYS
- Drive to Dynjandi Waterfall
- Ferry across Breidafjordur to Stykkisholmur
- Hotel on Snaefellsnes
6th day: WHALE WATCHING AND RETURN TO REYKJAVIK
- Snaefellsnes Adventure
- Whale watching in the morning
- Accommodation at a guesthouse close to the center of Reykjavik
7th day: DEPARTURE
- Drive to the airport and return rental car.
- Along the drive you will receive recommendations for food, other things to do, see and enjoy
- There is the possibility to have along with you a guide, especially if you are a group of people.
Please contact us be clicking on the button below to inquire and let us know:
- Which dates you would like to travel and how many people
- The activities you choose:
You will have to book a flight to Reykjavik Keflavik (KEF) airport, Iceland.
If you would like for us to book the air-flight ticket on your behalf please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.
1) You should make on your own all the relevant arrangements to have a valid health insurance for your trip to Iceland.
2) Make sure your passport has at least 6 months validity from the day of your arrival to Iceland.
3) Visa arrangements -Please read carefully: